- 1 can Nature’s Promise Organic Black Beans, (drained & rinsed)
- 3 tbsps coconut oil
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 whole eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 cup Joseph’s, (or Vermont,) sugar free maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon SweetLeaf Vanilla Creme Sweet Drops, (or vanilla extract)
- 1/2 cup Lily’s Dark Chocolate Chips
- Nature’s Promise Olive Oil Cooking Spray
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mash the can of black beans thoroughly, or add to a food processor & blend.
- Add 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder, 1/2 teaspoon baking powder, 3 eggs, 3 tbsps coconut oil, 1/4 cup sugar free maple syrup, & 1 teaspoon Sweet Drops, (or Vanilla extract,) and mix thoroughly, or blend in food processor.
- Spray a glassware loaf dish with Nature’s Promise Olive Oil Spray.
- Pour the mixture into the glassware loaf dish.
- Top evenly with a sprinkling of 1/2 cup Lily’s Dark Chocolate Chips.
- Bake for 35 minutes.
- Remove, allow to cool for a few minutes, & cut into 2 inch x 2 inch squares.
This is one of those rare times that I post a dessert recipe, but hey, it’s Christmas time! You may have a couple of these tasty black bean brownies as your Meal 5 snack with a short glass of unsweetened almond milk, or bring along a tray as a healthy treat for Christmas parties! We hope that you enjoy this healthy treat, & we wish you all a very Merry Christmas, & to all of our Jewish friends, Happy Hanukah!
Mangiare, Piaccia! Eat, Enjoy!