- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless organic chicken breast cutlets
- 2 tbsp organic olive oil
- 2 tbsp unsalted organic butter
- 1 pound sliced Cremini Mushrooms
- 1 cup Marsala Wine
- 3/4 cup chopped organic onion
- 2 tbsp minced organic garlic
- pinch of sea salt and organic black pepper
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh flat-leaf organic Parsley
- 1 tbsp fresh. flat-leaf Parsley sprigs, (for garnish)
- Heat the olive oil in a large, heavy skillet over high heat.
- Season the chicken cutlets with a pinch of sea salt and black pepper.
- Add the chicken to the skillet and cook for four minutes on each side until browned, and set aside.
- Melt 2 tbsps of butter in the same skillet over medium heat.
- Add the onion to the skillet and sauté for two minutes.
- Add the mushrooms and garlic and sauté for twelve minutes.
- Add the wine and allow to simmer for four minutes.
- Cut the chicken cutlets into 1/3 inch-thick pieces.
- Add the chicken back into the skillet.
- Simmer uncovered over low heat for two-three minutes.
- Add 1 tbsp chopped parsley, and stir in.
- Add a pinch of sea salt and black pepper.
- Place on a deep plate that will hold the sauce and juices.
- Garnish with Parsley sprigs and serve.
This recipe may be used as a protein serving for Meals 2, 3, and 4 on the Remedy Recipes book format.
Portions: Women: 3.5 oz. / Men: 6.5 oz. (1/2 ounce for mushrooms, onions)
This is a healthier approach to a very popular dish. Many chefs will bread and batter chicken cutlets for this recipe, but it’s just as delicious without all the unhealthy additives. Give our latest recipe a try over the winter and serve it over spiralized zucchini or spaghetti squash. It’s a great hot meal for the Winter!
Mangiare! Piaccia! Eat! Enjoy!