Grilled Filet Mignon & Portabella Mushrooms
- 1 pound Filet Mignon steaks
- 2 large Portabella Mushrooms
- Lea & Perrins Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tbsp diced scallion or chives
Photo by: dishmaps.com
- Slice the Portabella Mushrooms into 1 inch wide strips
- Marinate the Filet Mignon steaks, and sliced Portabella Mushrooms in Lea & Perrins Worcestershire Sauce & 1 tbsp minced garlic overnight.
- Grill the steaks on a medium heat setting for a gas grill, or a medium flame for charcoal, for 5-6 minutes per side.
- Place the Portabella Mushrooms on the grill for 2-3 minutes, turning frequently to avoid charring.
- Remove steaks & mushrooms and serve together with a pinch of minced scallion or chives as garnish, along with the Wedge Salad recipe below.
Photo by: robinsdinnernight.blogspot.com
- a chilled head of iceberg lettuce, (quartered into wedges)
- 2 cups baby leaf spinach
- 3 tbsp Primal Kitchen Caesar Salad Dressing
- 2 pieces of Boars Head pre-cooked bacon, (heated and crumbled)
- Toss 1 cup spinach with 1 tbsp of Primal Kitchen Salad Dressing in a medium bowl
- Place it on a plate as a bed.
- Place a quarter wedge of iceberg lettuce on top of the bed of spinach.
- Drizzle 2 tbsp Primal Kitchen Salad Dressing over the wedge.
- Top with 1 piece of crumbled bacon and serve alongside the Grilled Filet Mignon & Portabella Mushrooms recipe above.
Women: 3 oz. Grilled Filet Mignon & 1 large Portabella Mushroom & the Wedge Salad recipe as instructed above.
Men: 6 oz. Grilled Filet Mignon & 1 large Portabella Mushroom & the Wedge Salad recipe as instructed above.
This recipe may be used as Meal 4 on the Remedy Recipes format.
Grilling season is in full swing, and there’s nothing like steak on the grill! We’ve also discovered the delicious & easy classic, Wedge Salad, and it’s quickly become one of our favorites! Add the grilled Portabellas to this dish, and you have a tasty & satisfying meal, tailor made for August Summer grilling! We hope that you enjoy it. Filet Mignon is a nice, occasional treat, and we like to get the filet at our local butcher, but many grocery stores carry nice, organic, grass-fed cuts as well.
Mangiare, Piaccia! Eat, Enjoy!