- 1 (15 oz.) can of Nature’s Promise Organic Lentils, (or dry lentils)
- 2 cups chopped/cubed butternut squash
- 2 minced celery stalks
- 1 minced onion
- 1 tbsp olive oil, or Nature’s Promise Olive Oil Spray
- 2 cups Nature’s Promise Low Sodium Beef Broth
- 1 tbsp cumin
- fresh parsley for garnish
- Heat olive oil in a sauce pan over medium heat.
- Add 2 minced celery stalks, 1 minced onion, & 1 tbsp cumin, & cook for 5 minutes.
- Add 2 cups chopped/cubed butternut squash & cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add 2 cups of broth, & 1 (15 oz.) can of lentils, and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Place in soup bowls, top with a pinch of minced, fresh parsley & serve.
This will create 4 soup bowls worth of Lentil & Butternut Squash Soup.
Portions: Women: 1 bowl / Men: 2 bowls
This delicious soup may be used for Meal 4 on the Remedy Recipes format, along with a side salad. If you choose to use it for Meals 2 or 3, simply add barley or brown rice, (1/2 cup for women, 1 cup for men per serving.)
Many stores now carry already chopped/cubed butternut squash for convenience. Ask in your produce aisle!
If you’d prefer cooking your own dried lentils, simply rinse the dry lentils, place in a pot with 3 cups of water for every cup of lentils, bring to a boil, cover, & allow them to simmer for about 25 minutes, or until they are tender.
If you’d prefer, you may also puree the ingredients of this recipe for a finer, creamier version of this delicious soup.
We hope that you enjoy this tasty, hot soup on a cold Winter day. Have a very Merry Christmas, and please remember our servicemen & women who are overseas, away from their families. Please keep them in your thoughts & prayers. Cherish every moment with family & friends & may joy & love be with you all. ~ John D.