(Featuring REMEDY TOAST!)
REMEDY TOAST (adjusted for larger batch)
* 3 tbsp Bob’s Red Mill Flaxseed Meal
* 2 cups unsweetened shredded coconut
* 12 whole eggs</li>
* Trader Joe’s “Everything But The Bagel Seasoning”
Items That You Will Need:
* A glassware bread dish
* Nature’s Promise Olive Oil Spray
* A large measuring cup
Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees.
Mix the Flaxseed Meal, unsweetened shredded coconut, and 12 whole eggs in a large measuring cup.
Spray the glassware dish with olive oil spray.
Pour the mixture in the glassware dish.
Top the mixture evenly with “Everything But The Bagel Seasoning.”
Bake for 25-30 minutes.
Remove glassware dish from oven and allow 5 minutes to cool.
Slice down the middle into two pieces.
Slice those 2 pieces down the middle.
(The recipe makes 16 slices of Remedy Toast.)
- 1.3 pounds ground turkey
- two level tbsps Dean Jacob’s Sicilian Blend Seasoning
- organic olive oil spray
- two 7 oz. containers of Pesto, (or homemade)
- 10 oz. container of shredded Parmesan
- 1 large batch of Remedy Toast, (see ingredients and recipe above.)
Items That You Will Need:
- 2 baking sheets
- Spray olive oil spray into a frying pan and heat on medium.
- Sauté 1.3 pounds of ground turkey with 2 level tbsps of Dean Jacob’s Sicilian Blend Seasoning until browned, and place aside.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place the sliced REMEDY TOAST on baking sheets.
- Evenly spread Pesto on each slice. (~ 1.5 tbsp)
- Evenly apply shredded Parmesan to each slice. (~ 1.5 tbsp)
- Top each slice with 2 tbsp seasoned ground turkey.
- Place the baking the sheets in the oven and cook at 400 degrees for 10 minutes.
- Serve & enjoy!!!
Portions: Women: 2 slices / Men: 4 Slices
This recipe may be used as a Meal 4 on the Remedy Recipes format along with a side salad.
Most people that you’ll meet in life love Pizza. When I was a kid, I worked in a Pizzeria called Mike’s Abeetz in Jackson Heights, Queens. At 13 years old, I learned how to make great Pizza and Calzones from guys who made a career of it. Those good techniques and ingredients carry over into this delicious recipe without the high carbohydrates of regular Pizza. The Pesto gives the recipe a unique flavor unlike traditional Pizza, but just as delicious. The ground turkey is seasoned with Dean Jacob’s outstanding Sicilian Blend which compliments the Pesto. There’s nothing like a hot slice out of the oven! We enjoy this recipe with a Root Beer ZEVIA over ice, which together bring back great memories for me of my days at Mike’s Abeetz! We hope that you’ll enjoy this recipe all winter to some great Italian classics by Louie Prima, Jerry Vale, Nat King Cole, Frank Sinatra, Connie Francis, & more!
Mangiare, Piaccia! Eat, Enjoy!