- 1 tablespoon Psyllium Husk
- 1/2 cup almond meal, (or shredded unsweetened coconut)
- 1/2 teaspoon mixed herbs, (any herbs or spices that you prefer)
- 1 cup hot water, (just pre-boiled)
- Mix the ingredients in a medium mixing bowl.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Flatten, and shape into 2 round pitas on a baking sheet.
- Bake at 35o degrees for 23-25 minutes.
- Allow the pitas time to cool.
- Toast in a toaster or toaster oven and serve.
After having created Remedy Toast, I received several requests for a Pita or homemade wrap-like option for the Remedy Recipes plan. This is my most successful attempt to satisfy the request. This version is fairly plain, but can be enhanced with more seasoning and herbs. It’s 100% vegan and can be used to make different wraps with items such as black beans, onion, pepper, spinach, and guacamole. I made a nice grilled fajita with it using some seasoned ground beef, guacamole, and some shredded cheddar. I used my panini-maker to compress the fajita. It’s a great addition to the Remedy Recipes format, and I will continue to make some improvements. Psyllium Husk contains a good amount of fiber and is plant based, so I categorize it as a vegetable serving:
One Psyllium Husk Pita may be used as a 1/2 cup vegetable serving.
Two Psyllium Husk Pitas may be used as a 1 cup vegetable serving.
It can be used in Meals 1, 2, 3, or 4 on the Remedy Recipes format.
Mangiare, Piaccia! Eat, Enjoy!