- one 15 ounce can organic pumpkin puree
- two 20 ounce packages of cubed butternut squash
- one diced white onion
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan
- 2 tbsp lightly dried Parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 32 ounce container of organic vegetable broth or chicken broth
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Spray a large glassware dish with olive oil spray.
- Place the cubed 40 ounces of butternut squash and diced onion in the glassware dish.
- Evenly sprinkle the dried Parsley, Parmesan, garlic salt, and red pepper flakes over the butternut squash and diced onion.
- Stir thoroughly and mix in the seasonings.
- Cook for 45 minutes or until edges become golden and crisp.
- Remove from oven and allow cooling.
- Add contents to a blender along with the pumpkin puree and either organic low sodium chicken broth or organic low sodium vegetable broth. (Add broth to your preference of thickness.) (It’s best to divide contents and blend separately as needed.)
This recipe may be used as a vegetable for Meals 2, 3, or 4 on the Remedy Recipes book format.
Portions: Meals 2 and 3: women: 1/2 cup / men: 1 cup
Portions: Meal 4: 1 cup for both men and women.
Those crisp, cool evenings are beginning. Enjoy this hearty, healthy, and absolutely delicious Pumpkin-Butternut Soup recipe as we enter Autumn. It’s the perfect addition to a Fall meal!
Mangiare! Piaccia! Eat! Enjoy!