1 box Near East Quinoa Brown Rice Blend ( Olive Oil & Rosemary flavor )
1 package Shady Brook Farm Sweet Italian Turkey Sausage
2 medium sweet onions
1 package white mushrooms ( 8 oz. container )
1/4 cup pine nuts
Quinoa-Brown Rice Blend
– In a medium sized cooking pot, bring the Near East quinoa-brown rice blend, 1 teaspoon olive oil, and 1 & 3/4 cups of water to a boil.
– Turn heat to a medium boil, and add contents of the spice packet, & mix well.
– Boil on low for 15 minutes until the water is absorbed.
– Cover, remove from heat surface, and let stand for 5 minutes.
– lightly coat medium pan with olive oil & cook sausage until fully cooked & browned
– dice each sausage into small pieces
Onions & Mushrooms
– dice onions & mushrooms and sauté in medium pan lightly coated with olive oil
Mix all ingredients in a large serving bowl. This is a perfect & tasty wintertime meal that may be used as Meal 2 & Meal 3 on the Remedy Recipes format. Portions: Since all ingredients are mixed together, try to “eyeball” your portions to that of the Remedy Recipes structure. Women- 3 oz. sausage & 3/4 cup of the additional mixture/ Men- 6 oz. sausage & 1 & 1/4 cup of the additional mixture.
Mangiare, Piaccia! Eat, Enjoy!