– 1 (16 oz.) package Nature’s Promise Organic Italian Chicken Sausage
– 1 yellow onion
– 3 stalks celery
– 3 garlic cloves
– 1 (8 oz.) package baby Portabella mushrooms
– 1/2 bag Fresh Gourmet Honey Roasted Pecan Pieces
– Bell’s All Natural Salt Free Seasoning (The William G. Bell Co. since 1867)
– Sea Salt
– Black pepper
– Spray a cooking pan with olive oil spray.
– Cook the sausage in the pan, turning frequently until browned & fully cooked.
– Dice the cooked sausage into small pieces, and put aside.
– Dice the mushrooms & put aside.
– Dice the onion, celery, & garlic, into small pieces & sauté in the pan until fully cooked.
– Add the 1/2 bag of pecan pieces & diced mushrooms to the mixture as it sautés for an additional 5 minutes.
– Add a dash of Bell’s All Natural Salt Free Seasoning, a dash of sea salt, & a dash of black pepper to the mixture as it sautés.
– Add the diced sausage & mix thoroughly, turning the mixture while it sautés for an additional 5 minutes.
– Let cool for one minute, and serve!
This one’s for a healthy Thanksgiving feast! I had never cared for stuffing until I tried my wife’s homemade stuffing recipe, so I recently mentioned an idea that I had regarding the creation of a healthy stuffing recipe. She did not disappoint! The taste, the texture, & the aroma is 100% Thanksgiving Day! This one’s my wife’s healthy creation, & I give all the credit to her on this one!
Technically, we designed this recipe to be used as a healthy option for you on Thanksgiving Day, but I have determined that we can also use it as a meal for Meals 2 or 3 on the Remedy Recipes book format by adding a carbohydrate such as sweet potato or brown rice/ quinoa & a vegetable, or for Meal 4 by adding a salad & some steamed vegetables as a side. Portions: women: 3 oz. portion/ men: 6 oz. portion.
I hope you all have a Happy Thanksgiving, and have time well spent with family & friends. Remember all who are serving overseas that cannot be with us at this time, and give thanks to the Lord for all He has blessed us with. If you know anyone who will be alone for Thanksgiving, call them to wish them well & let them know that you were thinking of them, or better yet, invite them over if they live close by. Give thanks for the roofs over our heads, the food on our tables, a loving family & friends, for work & opportunity, & for knowing Freedom in our lifetime.
Enjoy this scrumptious recipe! This one’s a game-changer!!!
Happy Thanksgiving, & Mangiare, Piaccia! Eat, Enjoy!
November 1, 2015
Remedy Recipes' Bread-less Low-Carb Stuffing
516 Views| | |