– Thyme – Chives – 2 cups Lentils
– Rosemary – Garlic – 2 cups Butternut Squash
– Sea Salt – Dijon Mustard – 1 large Sweet Potato
– Bay Leave – Olive Oil – 1 medium Celery Root
– Parsley – Sherry Vinegar – 6 oz. Portabella Mushroom
– 6 cups Low Sodium Chicken Broth (48 oz.)
– Pre heat oven to 400 degrees.
– Mix 2 tbsp olive oil, 1/2 teaspoon sea salt, 1/2 teaspoon Rosemary, 1/2 teaspoon
– Thyme, 1 peeled & diced medium celery root (small pieces), 1 chopped large sweet potato, 2 cups chopped butternut squash in a large bowl.
– Bake the mixture for 15-20 minutes with tinfoil covering.
– Remove tinfoil after 15-20 minutes, & continue to roast for 35 minutes.
– Boil 6 cups of low sodium chicken broth (48 oz.), 2 cups lentils, 2 crushed garlic cloves, 1 bay leave. Bring to a boil, and let simmer for about 20 minutes. After 10 minutes of simmering, add 6 oz. chopped Portabella mushrooms and continue to simmer for 10 more minutes. When the lentils are soft, drain & discard the broth and add the lentils to the roasted root vegetables.
– Add the dressing (listed below) while the mixture is still hot.
– 1/4 cup olive oil
– 1/4 cup sherry vinegar
– 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
-1/2 teaspoon sea salt
– Mix together, & sprinkle minced parsley & chives as garnish, and serve.
I made this healthy recipe available for both vegans & vegetarians, & for those of us who are observing our fasting from meat on Fridays in Lent. For those who are not vegan, vegetarian, or for other days of the week on which fasting from meat is not required, try adding 4 strips of (pre-cooked) bacon to the recipe. I recommend adding it at the step when the tinfoil is removed from the root vegetables and allow it to crisp with the roasting root veggies. It really adds tremendous flavor to the recipe, & compliments the celery root & the sherry vinegar in the dressing.
This recipe may be used for Meals 2 & 3 on the Remedy Recipes format. Portions are 1/2 cup for women, 1 cup for men. You may have a side salad as well. (1 cup baby leaf spinach, 1 cup arugula, 1/2 diced cucumber,and 1/4 cup minced celery root topped with Cardini’s Light Balsamic Vinaigrette dressing.)
Mangiare, Piaccia! Eat, Enjoy!