- 2 medium zucchini
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 3 eggs
- 5 oz. shredded Parmesan
- 1 & 1/2 cups organic unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 jar organic tomato or pesto sauce
- 1/2 cup roasted red pepper salad strips
- 1/2 diced onion
- 1 package Nature’s Promise Mild Italian Chicken Sausage
- Pre-cook the Nature’s Promise Chicken Sausage in a pan or on the grill.
- Crumble the cooked chicken sausage into a bowl.
- Using the Veggetti, shred the 2 medium zucchini into a separate mixing bowl.
- Heat the zucchini for 1 minute in the microwave, and then drain any excess water.
- Add the eggs, minced garlic, shredded coconut, & 1 oz. of Parmesan to the zucchini & mix evenly.
- Using the waffle iron, fill the waffle surface & compress until golden brown. Repeat. The mixture will make 5 mini pizzas, (each being about equal to a slice of pizza.)
- Pre-heat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Place the 5 zucchini crusts on a baking sheet or non-stick pizza crisper.
- Spread 3 tbsp of tomato sauce or pesto in a circular motion on each crust.
- Spread the remaining 4 oz. of Parmesan on each crust.
- Spread the crumbled chicken sausage, diced onion, & roasted red pepper on each crust.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 12-15 minutes.
- Remove from oven & let cool for a minute.
Portions: 1 mini pizza for women/ 2 mini pizzas for men.
For many months & many experiments in cooking, I tried to figure out how to reduce the excess water from the zucchini for these mini crusts. The key to this Remedy revision is the one cup of shredded unsweetened coconut!!! It actually absorbs some of the excess water, and even gets slightly crispy at the edges of the crust! It also acts as an emulsifier, which allowed me to use less cheese in the recipe. You won’t taste any coconut. The flavor from the chicken sausage provides the primary flavor for this recipe. I also added some roasted peppers & onion for some additional flavor. It’s a fun recipe to make, and it’s so delicious that it’ll seem too good to be true. It still doesn’t quite hold firm to eat it like a slice, so you’ll need a fork and knife. I hope that you & your family will enjoy it as much as we have!
Mangiare, Piaccia! Eat, Enjoy!