REMEDY TOAST recipe from May, 2019. You may double or triple this recipe for a larger batch.
- 2 tbsp Bob’s Red Mill Flaxseed Meal
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 3 whole eggs
- Trader Joe’s “Everything But The Bagel Seasoning”
Items That You Will Need:
- A glassware bread dish
- Nature’s Promise Olive Oil Spray
- A large measuring cup
- Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees.
- Mix the Flaxseed Meal, unsweetened shredded coconut, & 3 whole eggs in a large measuring cup.
- Spray the glassware dish with olive oil spray.
- Pour the mixture in the glassware dish.
- Top the mixture evenly with “Everything But The Bagel Seasoning.”
- Bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Remove glassware dish from oven and allow 5 minutes to cool.
- Slice down the middle into two pieces.
- Slice those 2 pieces down the middle. (The recipe makes 4 slices of Remedy Toast.)
- Toast the slices in a conventional toaster.
- You’re ready to make your Remedy Toast sandwich!
Note: For Panini-style appearance, cut into an 8 inch piece, rather than two 4 inch pieces.
Items that you will need:
Cuisinart Panini Grill, (or conventional toaster)
- Balsamic Grilled Chicken, (3 oz. for women / 6 oz. for men)
- 1-2 teaspoons of Pesto
- 1 thick-cut slice of Jarlsberg Swiss
- 1/4 cup roasted red pepper
- 1 cup baby leaf spinach
- If you are using a Panini Grill, assemble your Panini first, spreading the pesto evenly on both slices of REMEDY TOAST, and then layering Balsamic Grilled Chicken, Swiss, another piece of Balsamic Grilled Chicken, baby leaf spinach, & finally roasted red pepper. Then grill the Panini on the Panini Grill for 2 & 1/2 minutes.
- If you are using a conventional toaster, cut the REMEDY TOAST in half, toast the REMEDY TOAST first, & then spread the pesto evenly on the slices of REMEDY TOAST, and then layer Balsamic Grilled Chicken, Swiss, another piece of Balsamic Grilled Chicken, baby leaf spinach, & finally roasted red pepper.
This recipe may be used as a Meal 4 selection on the Remedy Recipes format, along with a side salad.
You may grill your own chicken for this recipe, or you may use Uncle Giuseppe’s Balsamic Grilled Chicken. You may also make homemade Pesto, or you may use Buitoni’s Pesto.
My wife & I were recently reflecting on one of the cheat days that we used to enjoy. A local place made excellent Paninis that we used to love. We decided to recreate our own version using REMEDY TOAST! We hope that you enjoy this healthy Panini idea as much as we have!!! We’ve been enjoying one almost every day! REMEDY TOAST gives us the perfect healthy replacement for unhealthy bread. The possibilities are endless!!!
Mangiare, Piaccia! Eat, Enjoy!