Photo by: simplyrecipes.com
- 3 large Fennel bulbs
- 1 teaspoon iodized salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Maintaining the bulb, slice off the stalks of the Fennel.
- Slice the Fennel bulb in half.
- Slice into half-inch slices.
- Place the sliced Fennel into a large mixing bowl.
- Add olive oil, iodized salt, black pepper, garlic powder, and toss until evenly coated.
- Spread the Fennel on a baking sheet pan, leaving space between each slice.
- Roast the Fennel for 20 minutes, turn each piece over, and return to the oven for an additional 10 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
Roasting and grilling vegetables for Summer sides compliments the delicious flavors of this time of year! Fennel is nutrient-dense, and is high in Vitamin C and Potassium. Fennel is also high in fiber and excellent for digestion. The mild anise flavor, which is similar to Licorice, roasts and caramelizes into a tasty addition to other roasted veggies such as roasted red peppers. Both men and women may use this vegetable as a vegetable serving for Meals 2, 3, or 4 on the Remedy Recipes book format, and the portion can be a 1/2 cup to 1 cup, depending on any other vegetables that you may be having with it. We hope that you enjoy it!
Mangiare! Piaccia! Eat! Enjoy!