1 Nori sheet ( I use Emerald Cove Organic Pacific Nori )
1 pound sushi-grade tuna
1 tbsp Sriracha sauce ( I use Tuong Ot Sriracha by Huy Fong Foods, Inc. )
( you may increase the amount if you’re a spicy person! )
1/2 sliced avocado
1/4 cucumber sliced into very thin strips
1/2 cup baby leaf spinach
1 teaspoon canola mayo ( I use Spectrum Canola Mayo )
1/2 teaspoon teriyaki glaze
1/2 teaspoon liquid wusabi
toothpicks & sharp knife
– Dice the sushi-grade tuna into small pieces, mixing in the canola mayo & sriracha sauce.
– Place the baby leaf spinach on the flat piece of nori
– Place the diced tuna mixture over the spinach
– place the sliced avocado & sliced cucumber over the tuna
– drizzle the teriyaki glaze & liquid wusabi over the avocado & cucumber
– gently roll the nori around the interior until it is a cylinder/roll
– place toothpicks along the roll to hold it together
– cut into sections so that the tooth picks are centered in each section
( The protein portion for men is 6 oz., & for women is 3 oz. )
2 cups spring mix lettuce leaves
1 cup iceberg lettuce
1/2 cucumber sliced into thin circles
1 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp rice vinegar
1 teaspoon wusabi
-Mix olive oil, rice vinegar, & wusabi
-Add to lettuce & cucumber & toss salad
This meal may be used as Meal 4 in the Remedy Recipes cookbook format.
The Sriracha Tuna Roll is great as a healthy party appetizer as well!
Mangiare, Piaccia! Eat, Enjoy!
* Special thanks to Cheryl Knapp for the great wusabi salad dressing idea!*