- 2 medium zucchini
- 2 (6.5 oz.) cans of chopped clams
- 2 medium diced mushrooms
- 2 teaspoons Nature’s Promise minced garlic
- 1 tbsp organic butter
- 1/3 cup dry, white wine
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh Italian Parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tbsp grated Parmesan, (as garnish)
Items that you will need:
- The Veggetti, (available at Bed Bath & Beyond)
- 1 large skillet/pan
- Using The Veggetti, shred the 2 medium zucchini.
- Dice the 2 medium mushrooms & chop the Italian Parsley.
- Melt the 1 tbsp of organic butter in the pan, on medium heat.
- Add the mushrooms & garlic, and sauté for 5 minutes.
- Add the clams, white wine, parsley, olive oil, and red pepper flakes.
- Stir for 5 minutes.
- Heat the shredded zucchini in the microwave for 1 minute.
- Mix the clam sauce with the zucchini.
- Top with Parmesan & serve.
Portions: Women: ~ 1 shredded zucchini & 3 oz. chopped clams/ Men: ~ 1 shredded zucchini & 6 oz. chopped clams.
Unless you actually separate the chopped clams, it may be a little difficult to measure your exact portion of clam meat, so just estimate to the best of your ability. This recipe may be used as a Meal 4 on the Remedy Recipes format, along with a side salad.
Linguine with clam sauce was always one of my favorite Italian dishes. Simple, yet bursting with flavor. This version is also just as simple & just as flavorful!!! We hope that you enjoy it!!!
Mangiare, Piaccia! Eat, Enjoy!